Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A prayer

God, fortunately, You were there tonight and saw all that happened. You know the hearts of those people involved, including mine. I seriously doubt that the disregard shown for me was intentional or malicious in anyway. I don't think that was the desire at all. I cannot believe that the message I received tonight was the message You had prepared for me. I know that You would never set out to tell me that I am not valuable. That is not how You look at me. I know this fully well, in my head and my heart. And yet, You also know that is exactly the message I have received. A message that has been spoken into me from an early age and reinforced over and over and over again. And yes, Lord, I do know that You have spent thousands of hours, through thousands of conversations and scriptures with thousands of people in thousands of settings to contradict that message. And I I do believe Your message that I am valuable, treasured, precious, wonderful, holy and that You like and love me. Help my unbelief! I beg You to continue speaking to me in voice I can recognize as Yours, a voice that is speaking truth and is calling me farther and farther away from the lie that Satan wants me to put my trust in. Forgive me of my bitterness, dislike, and resentment I have towards my fellow Christ-follower. Do not allow any of those things to set in and take root. I humble ask that You reveal to me a way to let go of those feelings. Remove the plank in my eye that I might more clearly see my co-worker in Christ as You do - valuable, treasured, precious, wonderful, holy and liked and loved by You, just like I am. Spirit convict me of sin when my humanity begins to interfere with the calling I have to live honestly in every setting, regardless of the intentional or inadvertent messages I receive from people . Jesus, I know you had to have been tempted to deal with people in a harsh manner who disregarded You but you didn't, at least not in a way that was sinful or didn't glorify God. Show me how to do that, Christ so that You, the Father and Spirit my receive praise and glory. Amen.

No comments: