Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Expectations

I am headed to Cuchara, Colorado with my husband. It is our 1oth Anniversary and we are going camping in our travel trailer for a few days then we are meeting a few couples at a cabin for a retreat, a PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens) retreat to be exact. I am thrilled to headed on this vacation. I have lots of expectations though.

I expect to read for at least a few hours.
I expect to play cards with husband (and lose).
I expect to sleep well.
I expect to hike.
I expect to see wildlife.
I expect to relax.
I expect to read Scripture.
I expect to listen for the voice of God.
I expect to see God's presence, often.
I expect to learn something about God I didn't know.
I expect to connect with my husband and the others on our retreat.
I expect to come back a different person than when I left here.
I expect God to do great and mighty things while we are there and then continue to do great and mighty things when we get back because we were there.

I hope I am not setting myself up for failure.

No comments: