Monday, August 08, 2011

Those who mourn will be comforted...

The past few weeks have been tough.

Sixteen days ago, a good friend of mine at work unexpectedly lost her husband in a horrible motorcycle accident. Reality is you will bury your spouse or your spouse will bury you. I have come to accept this. However, you are not supposed to do this when you are 26 years old and you have a two year old daughter.

Nine days previous to that a friend of mine unexpectedly lost his father to a heartache. Again, reality is that you will bury your parents. However, being able to say good bye is something we all expect to do. My friend didn't have that privilege.

My friend whose father passed away has an extensive, strong support system around him filled with many people who have buried a parent and a lot of life experience that he can draw on to get him through this process.

I mourn with him and for him.

My friend at work has no life experience to speak of to draw on. Her support system while strong and filled with many people, does not include many people who have buried their spouse.

I mourn with her and for her.

I have no answers for either of them. I have no words that I can say that will change their circumstances, take away their pain, or help their healing process to go any faster. I know the promises that of my Father and these are the only things I know to say to my friends. My prayer is that God's presence will be made known to them through this; that in this, as in all things God will work for the good of those who love Him; and that because of this both of them will fall deeper and deeper in love with Jesus.

None of this changes that I still hurt, deeply, for my friends.

No comments: