Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Flannel Graph History - Moses by Billy Burr

What I heard from Billy Burr tonight about Moses.

Exodus 3:11, 12
"But Moses said to God, 'I am not a great man! How can I go to the king and lead the Israelites out of Egypt?' God said, 'I will be with you..."
- It does not matter who you are, it matters only Who is with you.

Exodus 4:1-8
"Then Moses answered, 'What if the people of Israel do not believe me or listen to me? What if they say 'They Lord did not appear to you?' The Lord said to him, 'What is that in your hand?' Moses answered, 'It is my walking stick.' The Lord said, 'Throw it on the ground.' So Moses threw it on the ground, and it became a snake, but the Lord said to him, 'Reach out and grab the snake by its tail.' When Moses reached out took hold of the snake, it again became a stick in his hand. The Lord said 'This is so that the Israelites will believe that the Lord appeared to you. I am the God of their ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.' Then the Lord said to Moses 'Put your hand inside your coat.' So Moses put his hand inside his coat. When he took it out, it was white with a skin disease. Then he said 'Now put your hand inside your coat again.' So Moses put his hand inside his coat again. When he took it out, his hand was healthy again, like the rest of his skin. The the Lord said, 'If the people do not believe you or pay attention to the first miracle, they may believe you when you show them this second miracle. After these two miracles, if they still do not believe or listen to you, take some water from the Nile River and pour it on the dry ground. The water will become blood when it touches the ground.' "
- It does not matter if people believe you. It matters only Whose power you believe in and will allow to use you.

Exodus 4:10-11
"But Moses said to the Lord, 'Please, Lord, I have never been a skilled speaker. Even now, after talking to you, I cannot speak well. I speak slowly and can't find the best words.' Then the Lord said to him, 'Who made a person's mouth? And who makes someone deaf or not able to speak? Or how gives a person sight or blindness. It is I, the Lord. Now go! I will help you speak, and I will teach you what to say.' "
- It does not matter if you don't have the right words, it matters only Whose words you are speaking.

And finally, God is calling you to something and there is no legitimate reason for you not to do it. He will answer every questions, put aside every excuse and provide any and everything that you need to accomplish what He is calling you to.

No comments: