Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Rest of God Poem Challenge

They reach up, stretching to the heavens
Lifted high, begging for relief
They are dry, malnourished begging for water
Back and forth they sway
The wind does nothing to fill their desire
Bare, naked and thirsty they cry out
Yet for a while longer their thirst will go unquenched
Their roots, unseen, continue to hold them fast their job
To provide rest and room for weary wonders also ins search for water
To provide protection from the elements
They will stand tall and proud
Never faltering from their call
Always looking to heaven for their needs
Doing nothing more, nothing less than being what they were created to be
And in his faithfulness, in His time
The Creator and Sustainer will answer their plea
He will bring the blessings, the nourishment they need
And all those around them will shout "Praise the Lord!"

Am I like those trees in a parched and weary land
Naked and bare do I look to heaven to meet my needs.
Do I allow my roots to hold me fast
When an answer I request and do not receive
Am I still a place of rest for the weary,
a place of protection from the elements of life
Do I share the well of life for those seeking water
Knowing that the Creator and Sustainor
Will answer my call and all around me will shout
"Praise the Lord!"?

No comments: